Monday, September 29, 2014

A Day In The Life Of An Esthetician

I'd like to give you all a peak inside my bathroom... A "day in the life" of an Esthetician includes lots of time at the bathroom sink, cleansing, exfoliating, masquing and moisturizing! 

We spend all day dishing out skin care advice, but what are we really doing behind closed doors? Probably obsessing over that one pimple we got on our chin this week, just like you! But instead of panicking, digging at it until it's a hole in our face and then dabbing toothpaste on it - we know just what to do! (I know you do that, don't lie! LOL)


Products featured: Clear Skin Cleanser, Herbal Eye Makeup Remover, Red Currant Concentrate, Clear Skin Booster Serum, Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant, Clear Skin Probiotic Masque, Lime Stimulating Masque, Eight Greens Whip Moisturizer, Facial Recovery Oil, Lime Refresh Tonique, Wild Plum Eye Cream, Stone Crop Gel Wash, Clarisonic Cleansing Brush.


So here is my daily skincare regimen....
A.M.
Cleanse in the shower with a mild cleanser (add a dermafoliant every 2-3 days)
Spritz on some toner
Apply vitamin C serum (plus spot treatment for breakouts and hyaluronic serum for days when I'm feeling a little dehydrated)
Apply moisturizer with SPF

Apply eye cream

P.M.
Remove eye makeup
Cleanse using a deep cleansing wash and Clarisonic cleansing brush
Spritz on some toner
Apply a salicylic serum to prevent breakouts
Add 3 drops of recovery oil to night cream (this is a new step for me, but my skin looks and feels amazing for it!!)
Apply night cream
Apply eye cream


Once a week before bed I apply a deep cleansing masque, usually mixed with a stimulant as a little "mini facial". 
Once a month I give myself a full treatment at the spa, usually including a mild peel, microdermabrasion and a custom blended combination of masques and serums to calm and cleanse the skin.

So what do I do when I get an awful breakout (because let's be honest, it happens to all of us!)? I apply some spot treatment on it before I go to bed. The next day I head to the spa and I do a high frequency treatment and a 30 min LED session. That night I make sure to masque before bed - and I may even sleep in my masque. I make sure all my makeup brushes are clean so I'm not spreading the bacteria and I wait for it to heal. Applying the appropriate treatments and allowing the blemish to heal means it will be gone within a few days, with no scabbing and no scarring! 

Believe it or not, this whole process only takes a few minutes in the morning, and a few minutes at night - not a major interruption to my day, but it does keep my skin looking good! I get very few flare ups and often get compliments on how great my skin looks! (Something I never thought I would hear 10 years ago!) So if you're looking to get serious about whipping your skin into shape - come talk to me about a customized daily skin care regimen for you! Everyone can and should have beautiful, healthy skin that they feel comfortable in for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment